Access the shorter more papery version here, Gavin Bauman Resume.
3 Phoenix Inc., Chantilly, VA (June 2011 – Present)
- Analyzed hardware failure modes against embedded software measurements to develop XML library for runtime hardware diagnostic system resulting in a more straightforward hardware troubleshoot and replacement process aboard deployed naval vessels.
- Authored and executed unit test plan for requirements verification testing on radar system operator interface and subsystems. Test plan leveraged requirements over system design and behavior to flesh out software bugs. Test plan resulted in a more expedient testing phase and a final product that satisfied requirements.
- Performed system level reliability analysis using Reliasoft® software suite to determine system and subsystem level MTBF for sonar array project. Leveraged results to identify points of failure within system and made recommendations to increase redundancy thus increasing system reliability.
- Developed software specification to capture requirements for prototype sonar system analysis display resulting in greater data visualization and hardware performance understanding.
Babcock & Wilcox Technical Services Group Inc., Lynchburg, VA (May 2010 – August 2010)
Lab Assistant (intern)
- Assisted Engineers and Physicists with UT inspections of high radiation specimens.
- Researched MEMS device implementation and presented findings to a team of Engineers.
- Composed technical documents based on research findings.
Babcock & Wilcox Nuclear Operations Group Inc., Lynchburg, VA (May 2009 – August 2009)
Unclassified Network Admin (intern)
- Provided helpdesk and End User support
- Performed OS deployment and PC hardware security
- Experience in generating simulated data sets for software testing using Matlab®.
- Experience parsing data messages for analysis in Matlab® to discover data patterns and points of interest.
- Experience using Seapine TestTrack® to capture requirements for system and software development.
- Experience using Seapine Surround SCM® to maintain control of and track changes to documents and software files.
- Working knowledge of Linux terminal commands and command line editing.
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering
Co-Founder & Alumnus, Theta Tau, Xi Delta Chapter (Professional Engineering Fraternity)
Delegate, 2012 Virginia 11th Congressional District Republican Convention
IEEE National Member, 2007 – Present